the conference committee, and the local organizing committee
have the honor to invite you to take part in
the ACTA 60 Onomastic Conference
(the 5th Czech Onomastic Conference
and the 3rd Ostrava Onomastic Meeting Event)
From Zpravodaj to Acta
– Sixty Years of the Czech Onomastic Journal
which will be held in Ostrava, Czech Republic, from April 20 to April 22, 2020.
The conference is organized to the 60th anniversary of the Czech onomastic journal appearing as Acta onomastica since 1995.
The journal was founded in 1960 by Vladimír Šmilauer, the father of the modern Czech onomastics. In the period of 1960–1982, it was published under the title Zpravodaj Místopisné komise ČSAV (‘the Bulletin of the Onomastic Committee of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences’) later as Onomastický zpravodaj (ČSAV) (‘the Onomastic Bulletin of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences’).
- Approaches to proper names: etymological, functional, communicative and pragmatic, quantitative, etc.;
- Proper names in the interdisciplinary focus;
- Codification and standardization of proper names;
- Proper names in the centre of polemics and discussion
- Jaroslav David, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava (Chair)
- Žaneta Dvořáková, Institute of the Czech Language, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
- Pavel Štěpán, Institute of the Czech Language, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
Local Organizing Committee
- Lenka Krahulcová, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava (Chair)
- Jana Davidová Glogarová, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
- Kristýna Kovářová, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
- Tereza Klemensová, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
- Zdeňka Suchá, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
If you need further information, please contact email@example.com (Lenka Krahulcová). Please include your surname and the abbreviation ACTA60 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Guidelines for Presentations and Registration
The conference languages are Czech and English. The authors are responsible for the content and language of their papers. Presentations of papers should not exceed 15 minutes; PowerPoint presentations are required.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is November 15, 2019. You will be notified about the acceptance of your paper no later than December 31, 2019. All participants whose presentations are accepted must pay the fee (the payment must be received no later than February 15, 2020) in order to be included in the conference programme.
The conference papers are planned to be published in the journal of Acta onomastica (indexed in SCOPUS), after standard review processes. The deadline for submitting the final versions of your texts is August 31, 2020 (firstname.lastname@example.org, Žaneta Dvořáková).
Please include your surname and the abbreviation ACTA60 in the subject line of your e-mail.
The guidelines for the arrangement of manuscripts are available here.
Regular fee 2600 CZK / 100 EUR
Student fee 1600 CZK / 60 EUR
Lunch 150 CZK / 6 EUR per day
The payment includes participation in the conference, conference services, light refreshments during coffee breaks and social events, and a tour of the Landek Park (the largest mining open-air museum in the Czech Republic).
To pay the registration fee, please send the exact sum by bank transfer to:
Account owner: Ostravská univerzita, Dvořákova 7, 701 03 Ostrava, Czech Republic; Identification number: 61988987, Tax Identification number: CZ61988987
Bank: Česká národní banka Ostrava, Nádražní 1078/4, 702 00 Ostrava, Czech Republic
Account number: 931761
Bank code: 0710
Variable code: 254220
IBAN: CZ 6507100000000000931761
BIC (SWIFT): CNBACZPP
Please include your surname and the abbreviation ACTA60 in the description of your payment; this will enable us to match the payment with your registration.
Payment is ONLY accepted in CZK, or in EUR.
Please ensure all bank transfer fees are covered by the payer.
Important dates and deadlines
Submission of abstracts November 15, 2019
Acceptance of papers December 31, 2019
Fee payment February 15, 2020
Conference dates April 20–22, 2020
Submission of final versions of texts August 31, 2020
How to get there
There are four options how to reach the conference venue:
1) From the train station Ostrava hlavní nádraží by public transport: Exit the train station. Take any tram and go to the Stodolní tram stop.
2) From the bus station Ostrava ÚAN by public transport: Exit the bus station. Take the trams 1, 2, 8 (direction Hlavní nádraží) or the tram 11 (direction Hlučínská) to the Stodolní stop.
3) From the Leoš Janáček Ostrava Airport by public transport: Take the train (direction Ostrava hlavní nádraží/Bohumín) to the station Ostrava hlavní nádraží. From there, take any tram and go to the Stodolní tram stop.
4) From the Václav Havel Airport Prague by public transport: Take the bus line 119 (direction Nádraží Veleslavín) to the underground station Nádraží Veleslavín. From there, take the underground Line A (green; direction Depo Hostivař). At the station Muzeum, change for the Line C (red; direction Letňany) and go to the station Hlavní nádraží. Exit the underground station and take the train (direction Ostrava hlavní nádraží/Bohumín) to the station Ostrava hlavní nádraží. From there, take any tram and go to the Stodolní tram stop.
Here, you can see the Czech public transport system.
There are plenty of bistros and restaurants in the vicinity of the venue that offer snacks, hot meals and lunch menus; we can recommend you the following ones:
- U Rady Poštovní 16
- Radegastovna Masarykovo náměstí (Square) 13
- Astoria Masarykovo náměstí (Square) 8
- Pod Muzeem Masarykovo náměstí (Square) 1
- Pizzeria Opatija Zámecká 13
- U Kocoura Umělecká 1
- Jack’s Burger Bar Československých legií 20
- Bistro Boule za ušima Tyršova 31
- La Petite Conversation Chelčického 8
- Rybárna na rynku Jiráskovo náměstí 3
The organizers do not provide accommodation service. However, we can recommend you the following hotels:
- Mercure Hotel Českobratrská 18
- Hotel Maria Přívozská 23
- Hotel Imperial Tyršova 6
- Hotel Palác Elektra Umělecká 305/1
- Hotel Brioni Stodolní 8
- Penzion Ve Dvoře Nádražní 19A
- Kampus Palace Smetanovo náměstí (Square) 10
- Hotel Park Inn by Radisson Hornopolní 3313/42 (5 minutes by trolleybus 102 or by bus 37 to the city centre)
- Hotel Nikolas Nádražní 124 (5 minutes by tram lines 1, 2, 8 to the city centre)
- Hotel Veronika Mírové náměstí 3, Ostrava-Vítkovice (10 minutes by tram line 2 to the city centre)
- Harmony Club Hotel 28. října 170, Ostrava-Mariánské Hory (10 minutes by tram line 8 to the city centre)
- Hotel Puls Ruská 135, Ostrava-Zábřeh (15 minutes by tram line 2 to the city centre)
- Hotel VP1 Ruská 2946, Ostrava-Vítkovice (7 minutes by tram line 2 to the city centre)