II. Summer Workshop for Statistics in Linguistics (SWSL), 9. – 13. 8. 2021
The second edition of the Summer Workshop for Statistics in Linguistics (SWSL) will take place from 9 to 13 August 2021 in Trojanovice. Experts from Czechia, Slovakia, and Austria will present and discuss current topics in quantitative linguistics.
I. Summer Workshop for Statistics in Linguistics (SWSL), 20. – 24. 7. 2020
The first edition of the Summer Workshop for Statistics in Linguistics (SWSL) took place from 20 to 24 July in Trojanovice. Local and international experts presented and discussed current topics in quantitative linguistics, both theoretical and practical.
Statistical Applications in Text Analysis (17. 6. 2020)
Tools and Methods for Empirical Syntax Study, 15. – 17. 4. 2019
Universal Dependencies and Language Typologies, 24. 1. 2019
The 2nd Ostrava Onomastic Meeting EVENT on Place Names as a Mirror of Political Developments in Modern European Society 1848–2018, 23.–24. April 2018, Ostrava
- Place names and the concepts of the political/linguistic/religious (etc.) landscape
- Toponymy on state/national/language borders
- Politics as a background of the development of place names
- Place names in the discourse of the period – their reflection in fiction and art, their thematization, the influence of ideology, interpretation, new methods and approaches to place name research
- Commemorative motives in place names – theoretical problems and discussions
Critical Views on Menzerath-Altmann Law, 9 Feb 2017, Ostrava
- Základní principy Menzerathova-Altmannova zákona (Basic Principles of Menzerath–Altmann Law; Radek Čech, University of Ostrava)
- Menzerathov-Altmannov zákon očami matematika (Menzerath–Altmann Law: A Mathematician’s Perspective;
Ján Mačutek, Comenius University in Bratislava)
- Menzerathův-Altmannův zákon: adorovaný model podivného vztahu (Menzerath–Altmann Law: A Worshipped Model of a Weird Relation; Jiří Milička, Charles University in Prague)
The First Onomastic Gathering in Ostrava, October 2015
Prague Spring in Ostrava, 24 Mar 2015
Talks by our colleagues from Prague institutions: Charles University and Czech Academy of Sciences. During the meeting, Názvy míst, book by Jaroslav David and Přemysl Mácha, was launched and “baptised”.
IVth Czech Onomastic Conference, 15–17 Sept 2009, Ostrava
The conference proceedings are available here.